For more information on our annual events:
We host 1-3 events per month with the goal of engaging both our campus and the community. Past events have included:
- Lunch hour discussions on rotating themes covering topics such as the confidence gap, negotiation, science advocacy, imposter syndrome, invisibility of women in leadership, and the gender wage gap.
- Panel discussions with scientists from on and off campus. Previous panels have covered family planning, combating casual sexism, grants and funding, and career planning.
- Workshops to help develop important career skills such as interviewing, CV/Resume writing, empowerment, and safe zone training.
- Networking events to connect members of our group as well as members of other diversity groups on campus. These include outside events such as Rockies games as well as internal events like coffee hours and potlucks.
- Large community engagement events which have included a town hall style meeting with state and national lawmakers and a half day symposium.